Hey, campers! We’re ditching the van today and taking the…wait for it…TARDIS! The good Doctor let me borrow his time traveling police box when I told him that we had a lot of stops on our itinerary and that it was simply impossible to get to all of them using the VW.
Why so many stops? Well, it’s because Kelly Hashway just handed me my very first blog award - The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award - which comes with a very sweet treat: A BLOG HOP!
Okay, you can stop licking the screen now.
Here's how the award goes:
1. Thank and link back to the person that gave this award. (Thanks, Kelly!)
2. Share 4 guilty pleasures that you have.
3. Pass the award along to 6 other sweet blogs.
1. American Idol - My journey to publication made me appreciate this show more. The auditions remind me so much of querying. A dream rides on that one performance in the same way it rests on the shoulders of a query letter. (Thank God there’s no group performance week in publishing…)
2. Ube ice cream – if you don’t know what this is, you’re missing out.
3. My mom’s bread pudding – she makes it out of PANETTONE. Enough said.
4. Gerard Butler’s abs in 300
Six Sweet Blogs:
1. Impudent Hatchlings: Ramblings of urban fantasy author Hillary Jacques
2. C.M. Villani: Inside the heart of a storyteller
3. Scrollwork: Mid-life quirkyisms from a tropical transplant to California's Central Valley
4. O.C. Mom in Manila: It’s a dirty job but someone’s got to do the disinfecting
5. The Insatiable Pillowbook of Cathy Kozak: A peek into the insatiable pages of one woman's pillowbook
6. Wonderings, Wanderings and Writing by Jennifer Walkup
Are you ready, campers? The TARDIS awaits. (Don't worry. We'll fit. It's much bigger on the inside.) As The Doctor says, allons-y!
Oh, and for the record, Doctor Who was the show that inspired me and kept me sane while writing the book. Campy Brit fun at its best!
Thanks again to Kelly Hashway and The Doctor for today’s field trip!