Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday Field Trip: Time Travel and Blog Hops



Hey, campers! We’re ditching the van today and taking the…wait for it…TARDIS! The good Doctor let me borrow his time traveling police box when I told him that we had a lot of stops on our itinerary and that it was simply impossible to get to all of them using the VW.

Why so many stops? Well, it’s because Kelly Hashway just handed me my very first blog award - The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award - which comes with a very sweet treat: A BLOG HOP!



Okay, you can stop licking the screen now.

Here's how the award goes:


1. Thank and link back to the person that gave this award. (Thanks, Kelly!)

2. Share 4 guilty pleasures that you have.

3. Pass the award along to 6 other sweet blogs.


Guilty Pleasures:


1. American Idol - My journey to publication made me appreciate this show more. The auditions remind me so much of querying. A dream rides on that one performance in the same way it rests on the shoulders of a query letter. (Thank God there’s no group performance week in publishing…)

2. Ube ice cream – if you don’t know what this is, you’re missing out.

3. My mom’s bread pudding – she makes it out of PANETTONE. Enough said.

4. Gerard Butler’s abs in 300


Six Sweet Blogs:


1. Impudent Hatchlings: Ramblings of urban fantasy author Hillary Jacques

2. C.M. Villani: Inside the heart of a storyteller

3. Scrollwork: Mid-life quirkyisms from a tropical transplant to California's Central Valley

4. O.C. Mom in Manila: It’s a dirty job but someone’s got to do the disinfecting

5. The Insatiable Pillowbook of Cathy Kozak: A peek into the insatiable pages of one woman's pillowbook

6. Wonderings, Wanderings and Writing by Jennifer Walkup


Are you ready, campers? The TARDIS awaits. (Don't worry. We'll fit. It's much bigger on the inside.) As The Doctor says, allons-y!


Oh, and for the record, Doctor Who was the show that inspired me and kept me sane while writing the book. Campy Brit fun at its best!





Thanks again to Kelly Hashway and The Doctor for today’s field trip!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, thanks Sam! I'm not sure if other people will consider my blog "sweet", though, but since you do, I know you're a true friend!! (or just a plain weirdo like me)

Samantha Sotto said...

OCMom: All of the above ;-D

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome, Sam. You deserve it. I really enjoy your blog, and I'm glad I met you through SheWrites.

Jennifer Hillier said...

Congrats on the award!

And mmmm bread pudding. I'm drooling at the thought.

Samantha Sotto said...

Kelly - Thanks, Kelly! Can't wait to read your next post :)

Jennifer - Thanks! You MUST try this bread pudding recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/jamie-oliver/panettone-bread-and-butter-pudding-recipe/index.html (And woooohooo! on receiving your galleys!)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award, Sam! And great post! It really showed your wit and gift for writing! *Clap!* *Clap!* *Clap!*

Jennifer Walkup said...

Aw, thanks!:)

Samantha Sotto said...

Mia - Thank you!!! :D *hugs*

Jenn -You deserve it :)

Cathy K said...

Thank you Sam for the sweet treat blog award, my very first ;)

C.M. Villani said...

Oh yum! Panettone bread pudding is Fabulous! My sister in law makes it at Christmas time! And I was going to try to this year by my dog ate the panettone off the counter before I could! Was soooo not happy with her. :/

And as for GB ...well 'nough said, Girl. 'Nough said :D

Thanks so much for the award. You are too sweet!I will definately have to check out the other blogs on your list. :)

Fi said...

Congratulations. I want to eat strawberries now.

C.M. Villani said...

Oi...p.s. After watching the Doctor Who trailer, I am officially going to have to go onto Netflix and see if I can watch the whole David Tennant anthology. :/ I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend. Thanks Sam!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award -- and I MUST know about the ice cream -- what is it?

Samantha Sotto said...

Cathy - You're as sweet as they come :)
Christina - Your dog knows how to appreciate the finer things in life. ;) (And oooh! David Tennant Marathon! I'll bring the popcorn!)
Fi - *serves up a heaping bowl of strawberries with a dollop of whipped cream* :)
Liz - Haha! Thanks! Ube is a purple yam. Weird, right? But trust me, it tastes better than it sounds :) (http://icecreamjournal.turkeyhill.com/index.php/2009/04/23/ube-ice-cream/)

Unknown said...

OK, I don't know what the ice cream is, but pannetone bread pudding? Seriously? Now my stomach is growling. I'll trade you some Tibetan flatbread for the bread pudding, LOL!

Congrats on the award!

Samantha Sotto said...

Janel - Sounds like a great trade to me! :) Yum!

Friend Grief said...

Oh, Samantha, who knew when I logged onto the SheWrites blogging ball that I'd find another Doctor Who afficionado! I've been a fan since David Tennant's future father-in-law was the Doctor, but I've loved all of the "new" ones. Trying to get to the UK this summer to see him and "Donna" in "Much Ado". Thanks!

Samantha Sotto said...

Victoria - *tackle hugs* Great to meet a another fan! I started watching the show since they rebooted it with Christopher Eccleston and I will admit that Matt Smith is growing on me. So jealous about your UK trip! :)

Anonymous said...

Merci, Samantha, pour ce que tu as écrit sur ma peinture!
A toi aussi, je te souhaite bonne chance pour ta passion car tu sembles très douée et déterminée.
Amitiés!

Samantha Sotto said...

Hi, Richard! It's so nice to meet the man behind such a wonderful painting! I hope to see more of your art in the future:)

Anonymous said...

Are you enjoying the American Idol season this year? I'm actually loving Steven Tyler, heehee!

Samantha Sotto said...

Mommyology - I wasn't expecting to, but I am! Steven Tyler has definitely grown on me! :)